Monday, January 27, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting

This frosting came about after some adventurous experimentation on my part and boy, oh boy, am I glad I did the experimenting! It came out sensationally velvety and creamy, light and decadent, rich and silky all at the same time! If I didn't have strong will power, I could honestly eat this with a spoon right out of the bowl, forget about putting it on cake... It is out of this world! Trust me on that one- go make it as soon as you can!



I frosted some vanilla cupcakes with it and it was outstanding, but I have a very strong suspicion that it will rock on top of dark chocolate cake even more! :)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter, preferably not all-natural
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 lb powdered sugar (about 3 1/2 to 4 cups)
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

 

Directions:

In the bowl of your electric stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the butter, cream cheese and peanut butter together until very light and creamy, about 2 minutes. Mix in the vanilla. Add the cocoa powder and beat until combined. Add the powdered sugar gradually and mix in fully after each addition. (I like to drape a kitchen towel over the stand mixer while doing this, to avoid a cloud of powdered sugar in my kitchen- it really does help!) Cream at low speed until well blended and creamy. Pour in the heavy cream and whip until the frosting is light and fluffy. Frost your cake or cupcakes and enjoy!:)


* Makes about 4 cups of frosting.



Cupcakes frosted with the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting  ready for gift giving:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...