Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Arugula, Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Gorgonzola Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette


This is hands down one of the salads that I can literally eat every. single. day. My family is a big fan of roasted sweet potatoes and roasted cauliflower, so these vegetables are prepared on a weekly basis in our house. :) Whenever I have them ready and roasted to go, I use some of the leftovers in this salad. It is quick, easy, amazingly yummy and very filling- my go to lunch. I drizzle it with a red wine vinaigrette I make myself, but you can certainly use any dressing of your choice.

Arugula, Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Gorgonzola Salad

Ingredients:
3 cups arugula
1/2 cup roasted sweet potatoes *
1/2 cup roasted cauliflower **
1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese (or feta if you are not a gorgonzola fan)
drizzle of red wine vinaigrette (see recipe below)

Directions:
Mix the first four ingredients in a salad bowl. Drizzle with the vinaigrette of your choice. Enjoy!

* The way I usually roast sweet potatoes is: I chop them in chunks, add some chopped onions, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and roast them for about 25-30 minutes at 425 degrees F, stirring occasionally.

** I roast cauliflower by separating the florets of 1 head, seasoning them with salt and pepper, and drizzling them with 1/4 olive oil which I have warmed up in the microwave for about 30-60 seconds with 1-2 cloves of minced garlic. This infuses the olive oil with the taste of garlic and makes the cauliflower really delicious as it roasts- at 425 degrees F for about 25-30, stirring a couple of times. I sometimes sprinkle it with a handful of parmesan or romano cheese a few minutes before I take it out of the oven. It is to die for! If you have never made cauliflower this way, you have to try it! You will never want to eat it any other way...



Red Wine Vinaigrette

Ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp fresh dill or parsley
salt and freshly grounf black pepper to taste

Directions:
I usually put all the ingredients in my Kitchen Bullet and run it for a few seconds and Voila! :)
But you can also put everything in a mason jar and shake it until you get a homogenous mixture or just whisk the ingredients together in bowl. It is a delicious salad dressing that I make on an almost daily basis for everybody at home: so much better than store-bought ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...