Monday, April 7, 2014

Avocado, Kale and Garbanzo Salad

I don't know about you, but I have been craving spring so badly, that the only food I can even bring myself to eat lately is salads. I love, love, love salads and I am always on the look-out for different recipes which combine ingredients I enjoy in more original ways. This super quick, yet absolutely delicious salad is a take on exactly such a recipe: familiar ingredients which I never thought to combine before. It is light but satisfying and it makes for a perfect lunch or dinner. Bonus points: it comes together in literally 5 minutes! What's not to love?!


Ingredients:

2 avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
2 cups chopped kale
2-3 scallions, chopped
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup (or more) black or kalamata olives, sliced
1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled (I omitted because I have family members who are lactose intolerant)
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (not in the pictures, but definitely delicious and colorful with them)
1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl. Mix until well blended. Serve and enjoy!


Recipe adapted from: twopeasandtheirpod.com

2 comments:

  1. My sister made this yesterday for our dinner! Awesome! - Marie Egebo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you made it and liked it, Marie! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Print recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...