Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Perfect Fall Salad!

I love fall and I absolutely love salads... And I think I just may have managed to reach perfection when it comes to combining fall flavors- and colors- into a salad bowl. I have made my fair share of salad combos in my many years of daily salad consumption and I can truly declare this arugula salad mixed with roasted butternut squash and topped with chopped pecans, crumbled gorgonzola cheese and succulent (and oh, so good for you) pomegranate seeds to be my winner in the fall category. Hands down. It is not only beautiful (yes, breathtakingly beautiful!) to look at, but more importantly- it will send your taste buds over the moon and back with every. single. bite. Bursting with richness of flavors, delighting with a variety of textures, and so esthetically pleasing to the eye, this is by far The Perfect Fall Salad.

 

Ingredients:

(serves 2-4, depending on whether you are serving it as a first course or as an entrée)

3 cups arugula
1 cup roasted butternut squash *
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
a simple drizzle of olive oil and the vinegar of your choice, to taste
freshly ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste

Directions:

In a large salad bowl, lay arugula and top with butternut squash, pomegranate seeds, chopped pecans, and gorgonzola cheese. Drizzle olive oil and vinegar just before serving. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy as a first course at lunch or as a light but super satisfying and nourishing dinner entree.

* I roast peeled and chopped butternut squash with a drizzle of olive oil in a 450F oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through. Sometimes I add a chopped onion as well- it adds a nice flavor when it roasts and gets caramelized. It's a great side dish or an addition to salads, such as this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...